Friday, October 30, 2009

Huevos Rancheros ( mexican eggs)


Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!! The only problem is that I am not a breakfast person and I end up eating breakfast/brunch..... So there are a few dishes I eat for breakfast you know the typical.... but one of my absolute favorites is huevos rancheros. It is the typical mexian breakfast dish if you visit mexico. Instead of the usual scrambled eggs,bacon, pancakes, and hashbrows. The mexican dish consist of sunny side up eggs smothered with red or green sauce, with a side of refried beans and if you are really hungry a side of carne asada.I am not a big fan of sunny side up eggs but this recipe I like because I do not taste the yolk!! So here is my recipe for huevos rancheros.

What you need:
3 diced jalapenos (cut into moons)
1 chopped onion
1 clove chopped garlic
2 cans of tomatoe sauce or crushed tomatoes
1 beef boillion cube
1 tea spoon of ground cumin
corn tortillas

as many eggs as you want to make.

In a skillet add 1 table spoon of olive oil and cook the jalapenos, onion and garlic. Cook for about 8 minutes or until the onion is almost carmalized. Then add the 2 cans of tomatoe sauce, beef boillion and the teaspoon of ground cumin. Simmer for 10 minutes. Make sure to stir ocasionally to assure that the beef boillion dissolves.

Cover the sauce and leave it under low heat to keep it warm.

In another frying pan, lightly fry the tortillas in 1 tablespoon of oil. Remove and drain If necessary, add additional oil to the second frying pan and fry the eggs until they are "sunny-side up". Transfer the eggs to the tortillas, and cover with the ranchero sauce



And there you have it easy!! and very delicious. If you want to sides, I recommend using Rosaritas beans.

As for the carne asada. You can buy it at your local carniceria. I cook the carne asada before I make the sauce and put it in oven covered with alluminum foil to keep warm.

I also love to eat my eggs with some tortillas ;)

Our little Family



About Me

My photo
Hola and welcome to my blog. Here you will find a little more about me and my fertility process. My wonderful husband and I have been married for 5 years, and every day I fall more in love with him. We began our baby making journey in 2010 and last year we began our IUI process, we have faith that one day we will be parents, and it will be the happiest days of our life's!.