Friday, November 27, 2009

Rosemarry Potatoes with Gruyer Cheese



I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving and did not get a belly ache from all the wonderful food :) Brandon's Turkey turned our deliciouse!! I do not like turkey ( I know I am odd) but I tried Brandon's and I loved it. It was a family hit at the party it was very moist and the outside was sigh crispy, with lots of flavor. I made the stuffing and came up with a some new rosemarry potatoes topped with gruyer cheese so here is my recipe for the potaotes!!!!

10 RED peeled and diced potatoes
1 1/2 chopped onion
1 clove chopped garlic
1 table spoon of salt
1 1/2 table spoons of rosemarry
1 tea spoon of crushed red peppers
1 cup of shredded Gruyer cheese
1 table spoon of olive oil
9x11 greased baking dish
oven preheated to 400

Tip*: You do not want startchy potatoes in this dish. To reduce the starch soak the potatoes in ice cold water. I wash them under cold water 3 times. Make sure to pat them dry before cooking or you will have saugy potatoes and no crisp.

In a skillet add the olive oil under medium heat. Make sure the skillet is hot before adding the potatoes and onion. Add the potatoes and onion stirring ocassionally season with salt,rosemarry and crushed red peppers and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes or until the onions are see through.

Transfer potatoes to a greased 9x11 baking dish. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes. After the ten minutes are up sprinkle the cheese on top and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes.

Yummy there you have it folks, some simple potatoes that will be a crown pleaser and the cheese add the special touch!!

1 comment:

Bridget Dunn said...

Yadira, I searched your blog for the spinach or atrichoke dip that you made but I couldn't find it! Could you post it again or email it to me? bridget182@gmail.com. Thanks!
-Bridget Dunn

Our little Family



About Me

My photo
Hola and welcome to my blog. Here you will find a little more about me and my fertility process. My wonderful husband and I have been married for 5 years, and every day I fall more in love with him. We began our baby making journey in 2010 and last year we began our IUI process, we have faith that one day we will be parents, and it will be the happiest days of our life's!.